[Commlist] Oxford Global Media Policy Seminar Series - Upcoming Online Talks

Sun Oct 25 23:11:04 GMT 2020

We’re excited to announce a wonderful list of speakers for our PCMLP Global
Media Policy Seminar series this term! Please register to attend online:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/programme-in-comparative-media-law-and-policy-31554922011

*We have seen the enemy…and he is us: When engineering culture collides
with human rights advocacy online*
Corinne Cath-Speth (University of Oxford)
November 3rd, 14:00 (UTC)

*When good is the enemy of great: Rural broadband in a time of
COVID*Christopher
Ali (University of Virginia)
November 10th, 16:00 (UTC)

*Technology Does Not Operate in a Vacuum: The Impact of Women’s Mobile
Phone Ownership on Economic Well-being in Tanzania*Philip Roessler (The
College of William and Mary)
November 17th, 16:00 (UTC)

*The role of norms in the Internet infrastructure: the infrastructural norm
of interconnection and human rights*Niels ten Oever (University of
Amsterdam)
December 3rd, 16:00 (UTC)

**More details on these talks and links to register:
http://pcmlp.socleg.ox.ac.uk/events/**