[Commlist] Research Seminar Series in Media, Journalism, and Film

Tue Oct 13 19:00:05 GMT 2020

The Department of Media and Performance at the University of Huddersfield is pleased to announce our Autumn 2020 Research Seminar Series in Media, Journalism, and Film. The seminars will be held on Zoom from 13:15 to 14:05 UK time on the Thursdays indicated below. To register or for more information, please contact Errol Salamon ((E.Salamon /at/ hud.ac.uk) <mailto:(E.Salamon /at/ hud.ac.uk)>).We are looking forward to seeing you online!

*15 October 2020**:**
*
*David Arditi, University of Texas at Arlington:*Book Talk: /Getting Signed: Record Contracts, Musicians, and Power in Society/
/
/
*29 October 2020:*
*

*Victor Pickard, University of Pennsylvania: Book Talk: /Democracy Without Journalism? Confronting the Misinformation Society/*
**

**
**

***19 November 2020*:**

****

Robert (Ted) Gutsche Jr., Lancaster University:"*Journalism and Politics After the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election"*

*
*

****26 November 2020*:***

******

****Tanya Kant, University of Sussex: ****Book Talk: /Making It Personal: Algorithmic Personalization, Identity, and Everyday Life/

****
****

*****3 December 2020*:****

********

****Anamik Saha, Goldsmiths, University of London:"Media 'Diversity' and Racial Capitalism: A Case Study on the UK Publishing Industry"
****

*10 December 2020*:

*Ranjana Das, University of Surrey:TBC, Working Title: "The Digital Turn Amidst COVID-19: Impacts on Pregnancy and Maternity"
*