[Commlist] Memory-Informed Media Histories: Scholarship Opportunity

Sat Sep 12 08:22:03 GMT 2020

*Media Research Scholarship Opportunities*

* Edward Brennan*

*Technological University Dublin*

The Irish Research Council  is inviting applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2021.

The scholarship offers:

*A stipend of €16,000 per annum

*A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum

*Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum

Candidates must liaise with a prospective supervisor to apply. To that end, I would welcome enquiries from prospective research students in the specific area of media histories that are informed by, but not solely based on, audience/user recollection as a source. This approach may lend itself best to explorations of radio, television, gaming and internet-based media.

I will also be happy to take enquiries regarding more general proposed topics in media and communication, particularly in relation to media, politics and emotion, and interconnections between media and the natural world.

The deadline for applications is 16:00 (Irish time) 29 October 2020. However, given the competitive nature of the fund, applicants will need to initiate communication with a prospective supervisor immediately.

I can be contacted via email on (edward.brennan /at/ tudublin.ie)

Relevant Recent Work: A Post-Nationalist History of Television in Ireland

<https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783319968599#reviews>

Details on the scholarship are available here: <http://research.ie/funding/goipg/?f=postgraduate>