[Commlist] New issue of Global Media Journal - German edition published

Thu Aug 13 13:13:11 GMT 2020

We are pleased to announce that the new issue of Global Media Journal - German Edition is out now.

You can find it here: http://www.globalmediajournal.de

Special Section Critical Media in the Arab World

Editorial: Ehab Galal & Thomas Fibiger: Critical Media in the Arab World

Peer-reviewed Articles:

·       Christine Crone: Al-Mayadeen: The Construction of an Enemy Image

·       Kiki Santing: Islam and the Struggle over Political Legitimacy in Egypt: The 1987 Elections through the Lenses of al-Liwa’ al-Islami and Liwa’ al-Islam

·       Maj B. Ørskov: The Art of Archiving an Uprising

 >From the Field:

·       Andrej Školkay: An Exploratory Study of Global and Local Discourses on Social Media Regulation

Graduate Section:

·       Dominik Hokamp: Nationalisten in transnationalen Netzwerken. Eine Netzwerkanalyse transnationaler Beziehungen von rechtspopulistischen Akteuren in Europa auf Twitter

Book Reviews:

·       Carola Richter: Michael B. Palmer (2019): International News Agencies. A History

·       Irit Neidhardt: Ömer Alkın (2019): Die visuelle Kultur der Migration. Geschichte, Ästhetik und Polyzentrierung des Migrationskinos

 We would be very pleased if you could spread the word about our journal in your academic network and would either submit articles yourself and/or invite colleagues to submit papers for our various sections (peer-review, essays, from the field, graduate section, book reviews) dealing with issues of international, transnational, intercultural and transcultural communication and media in the near future. We are also open to discuss guest-edited issues.

Submissions should be sent to (gmj /at/ uni-erfurt.de) and (katharina.noetzold /at/ fu-berlin.de)