[Commlist] Screenworks Vol 10.1: Choreography for the Moving Image

Sun Jul 19 22:34:46 GMT 2020

We are excited to publish our tenth entry in Volume 10.1. Smiljana Gilsovic’s Choreography for Moving Image is an experimental video essay which asks how video practice might engage with and contribute to the cultivation of an “ecological self”. Glisovic’s methodology explores “thinking with” the moving image in response to the “spiritual transformation” called for my Joanna Macy’s The Great Turning. Drawing on theories of Soft Choreography and Critical Intimacy, the video explores how the interplay between spoken text and moving image can carve out a space for an affective, haptic understanding of the interrelationship between our selves, our bodies and the environment.

Choreography for Moving Image: https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-1/choreography-for-moving-image

Volume 10.1: https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-1

We are now accepting submissions for our next rolling Volume 11.1, which will run from September 2020. To submit work please read our Submissions Guidelines and use our Online Submission Form available at the link below. If you are interested in submitting your practice and want further advice, then please contact us on (admin /at/ screenworks.org.uk) with “Submissions” in the subject line.

Submissions: https://screenworks.org.uk/#section-259

The Editorial Board will be taking a well-deserved break during August.