[Commlist] CATHICon 2020 - cancelled

Tue Mar 24 18:46:15 GMT 2020

The CATHICon 2020 team are very sorry to announce that in light of the current public health situation, the upcoming CATHICon 2020 Conference which was set to take place in June, has unfortunately been cancelled.

Although this was a difficult decision for us to make, we believe that as our theme this year focused on accessibility and the democratisation of educational spaces, we would not be able to effectively proceed with the day as planned in a way that reflected the intentions of this theme.

Next year, we will be celebrating 10 years of CATHICon in collaboration with De Montfort University’s Cinema and Television History Institute. With this in mind, we very much hope to be able to organise and showcase an excellent array of papers for our 2021 event.