[Commlist] 6-year Postdoc in Computational Journalism / Media Audiences > LMU Munich, Department of Media and Communications

Thu Mar 05 16:53:09 GMT 2020

(Re-advertisement of this position with a later start date)

We are hiring a 6-year Postdoc in Computational Journalism / Media Audiences, here in the Department of Media and Communications, LMU Munich, Germany.

The successful candidate will join my research and teaching unit, which is currently part-funded by the Volkswagen Foundation via two projects on computational journalism. These projects are researching the use of AI in local journalism; audiences’ perceptions of automated journalism; and the use of, and attitudes to, computational journalism in newsrooms. We also conduct media audience research more widely and are involved in comparative journalism research through the Worlds of Journalism Study.

Salary (E 13 TV-L) is approximately €3837 - €5622 per month depending on experience.

The latest possible start date is 12 October 2020, but an earlier start is possible. The teaching requirement with this position is approximately 5 (academic) hours/week during the semesters (1 academic hour = 45 mins).

More information, including on the application procedure, is available here:

https://www.uni-muenchen.de/aktuelles/stellenangebote/wissenschaft/20200129113618.html