[Commlist] New book - Connecting People, Place and Design

Tue Mar 03 19:18:10 GMT 2020

/Apologies for crossposting/
Connecting People, Place and Design (HB)_5.jpg

Intellect is pleased to announce that */Connecting People, Place and Design/* <https://www.intellectbooks.com/connecting-people-place-and-design>/,/ by Angelique Edmonds, is now available to order.

/Connecting People, Place and Design/ examines the human relationship with place, how its significance has evolved over time and how contemporary systems for participation shape the places around us in our daily lives. Divided into three parts – place, people and participation – this interdisciplinary volume examines people, place and design across the fields of architecture, design, cultural studies, sociology, political science and philosophy.

Part I, on place, considers the cultural, political and philosophical shifts in our historical relationship to place. Part II, on people, considers movement and migration and how it affects place relations. Part III, on participation, examines forms of public engagement and cultural systems for collaborative contribution to the design and creation of place. Improving people’s relationships with place requires connection, and in /Connecting People, Place and Design/, Edmonds demonstrates the importance of connection, underscoring that working together to nurture and sustain places that celebrate the diversity of our human species is one of the most critical issues of our time.

*_Table of Contents_*
*_
_*
*Introduction*

*PART I: PLACE
Chapter One:* Significance of Place
*Chapter Two:* Modern Shift of Perception
*Chapter Three:* Contemporary Debates, Including the Importance of Place to Wellbeing and Sustainment

*PART II: PEOPLE
Chapter Four:* Order Imposed
*Chapter Five:* Migration and Transition
*Chapter Six:* The Importance of Our Spatial Encounter with Difference

*PART III: PARTICIPATION
Chapter Seven:* Participation, Context and Design
*Chapter Eight:* Design Collaboration and the Built Environment
*Chapter Nine:* Participation, Incorporation and Approaching Difference

*Conclusion

Please visit our website for more information: https://www.intellectbooks.com/connecting-people-place-and-design