[Commlist] Two Tenure Track Faculty Positions at IE University – Digital Media and UX/XR / Experience Design and UX

Thu Jan 16 16:23:30 GMT 2020

1. Tenure Track Faculty Position – Digital Media and UX/XR at IE University

2. Tenure Track Faculty Position – Experience Design and UX at IE University

Tenure Track Faculty Position – Digital Media and UX/XR at IE University

IE University’s School of Human Sciences and Technology HST (https://www.ie.edu/school-human-sciences-technology/) invites qualified applicants for full-time, tenure-track faculty positions in Digital Media and UX/XR (User Experience and Extended Reality) beginning September 2020, in Madrid. Relevant, high-impact research and knowledge creation is a critical part of the mission of the school, and we are currently seeking to build a team of foundational research faculty as part of the next phase of our expansion.

Candidates should have training and active research agendas that make contact with one or more core areas of Digital Media and UX/XR such as:
• Interactive Narratives
• Visual Storytelling
• User Experience (UX)
• User Interface (UI)
• Extended Reality (XR) and Content Design
• Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
• Branded Content Creativity and Business Models
Our faculty are expected to publish in peer-reviewed journals, present in international venues, teach courses at the Bachelor and/or Master level, and provide intellectual leadership within HST in their areas of expertise (and more broadly, across IE University). Salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants will have earned a Ph.D. from a recognized school in a relevant discipline.

Tenure Track Faculty Position – Experience Design and UX at IE University

IE University’s School of Human Sciences and Technology HST (https://www.ie.edu/school-human-sciences-technology/) invites qualified applicants for full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Experience Design and UX (User Experience) beginning September 2020 in Madrid. Relevant, high-impact research and knowledge creation is a critical part of the mission of the school, and we are currently seeking to build a team of foundational research faculty as part of the next phase of our expansion.

Candidates should have training and active research agendas that make contact with one or more core areas of Experience Design and UX such as:
• Experience Design
• Service Design
• Customer Experience (CX)
• Human-centered Design
• Innovation Methodologies
• Design Thinking
• User Experience (UX)
• User Interface (UI)
• Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
Our faculty are expected to publish in peer-reviewed journals, present in international venues, teach courses at the Bachelor and/or Master level, and provide intellectual leadership within HST in their areas of expertise (and more broadly, across IE University. Salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants will have earned a Ph.D. from a recognized school in a relevant discipline.

HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research and teaching statement and three confidential recommendation letters. Please submit your application by March 10th, 2020 via Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/73120 For general enquiries about the application, contact Sara Flores, Recruitment Coordinator (Sara.Flores /at/ ie.edu), specific enquiries can be made to Prof. Begoña González-Cuesta (Begona.Gonzalez /at/ ie.edu). IE UNIVERISTY (https://www.ie.edu) is an internationally recognized institution originally founded as a business school. The university is comprised of schools of Business, Human Sciences & Technology, Law, Global and Public Affairs, and Architecture & Design. We consider ourselves the most international institution of higher education with approximately 85% of our students coming from outside Spain and typically over 120 countries represented on campus. Our Madrid campus is situated in the financial district of this vibrant, cosmopolitan capital city of over 5 million people. In 2020, we will open the doors to our new undergraduate Learning Tower – a vertical campus which will be one of the 5 towers occupying the skyline of Madrid. Our Segovia campus is located in the historic quarter of this World-Heritage city, 30 minutes by high-speed train from Madrid.