[Commlist] TICTeC 2020 - Call for Proposals - Impacts of Civic Technology Conference

Wed Jan 08 14:40:47 GMT 2020

We're delighted to announce our keynote speakers for the 6th annual Impacts of Civic Technology Conference (TICTeC) <https://tictec.mysociety.org/2020>.

We'd be joined by esteemed writer, activist and political analyst Nanjala Nyabola <https://www.mysociety.org/2020/01/03/tictec-2020-keynote-nanjala-nyabola/>, and the equally unmissable political scientist, lecturer, advisor and civic strategist Dr. Hollie Russon Gilman <https://www.mysociety.org/2020/01/07/tictec-2020-keynote-hollie-russon-gilman/>. Both have substantial bodies of work on how technology impacts society so we look forward to their inspiring and provocative keynote addresses.

*_Call for Proposals still open_*
TICTeC 2020 <https://tictec.mysociety.org/2020> will take place in Reykjavik on 24th and 25th March. The conference is all about sharing research, lessons learnt and ideas about the impacts of civic tech and digital democracy, so better tools are developed. What works and what doesn't? Why? How? How best can we measure this?

If you have interesting insights, experience, research or ideas that contribute to this, then we'd love to hear from you: you can still apply to present or host a workshop at TICTeC <https://tictec.mysociety.org/2020#call-for-proposals> before next Friday 17th January.

We particularly encourage submissions on how digital technologies have and could be used to tackle the climate crisis, as we, like many others, are very interested in <https://www.mysociety.org/2020/01/06/climate-crisis-the-one-thing-well-be-talking-about-this-year/> what role civic tech can play. Submissions relevant to this theme are also encouraged.

Early bird tickets are still available until 14th February, so do sign <https://tictec.mysociety.org/2020#register>up now <https://tictec.mysociety.org/2020#register>.

We really hope to see you in Reykjavik! If you have any questions, please feel free to email (tictec /at/ mysociety.org) <mailto:(tictec /at/ mysociety.org)>