Archive for February 2020

[Commlist] New 'Musical Countercultures' featured theme on Bloomsbury Popular Music

Tue Feb 18 15:21:28 GMT 2020

Bloomsbury Digital Resources is delighted to announce that our digital resource, Bloomsbury Popular Music, has been updated with a new featured content theme focusing on ‘Musical Countercultures’. Five new titles have also been added this month, bringing the total available on the platform (including the entire 33 1/3 series) to 210, along with 12 volumes of the Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World. We hope that these content updates could be useful and of interest to members of the MECCSA list.
https://www.bloomsburypopularmusic.com/

The featured theme offers free access to a curated selection of chapters across the platform, which explore global musical countercultures and the people who lived them, from the perspectives of a variety of international authors. Topics explored include:

- 1960s counterculture
- Woodstock Festival
- Canción de protesta and nueva canción latinoamericana
- Punk
- ‘Protestivals’ in the 21st century
- Country in focus: Vietnam
- Artist in focus: The Velvet Underground

https://www.bloomsburypopularmusic.com/featured-content

The new books which have been added this month are:

- Music, Memory and Memoir - 33 1/3: Manic Street Preachers’ The Holy Bible - Jazz in Europe: Networking and Negotiating Identities
- Curating Pop: Exhibiting Popular Music In The Museum
- Dangerous Mediations: Pop Music In A Philippine Prison Video
Explore a free sample chapter from Music, Memory and Memoir (https://bit.ly/2HBkrzD) or find out more about Bloomsbury Popular Music (https://www.bloomsburypopularmusic.com/about-bloomsbury-popular-music).

30-day institutional trials are available for free on request via our sales team ((OnlineSalesUK /at/ bloomsbury.com)) or you can email me directly ((Katie.Dean /at/ bloomsbury.com)), if you have any questions or would be interested in taking a closer look at the full site.
Best wishes,
Katie Dean

Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
50 Bedford Square,