[Commlist] Lecturer Post in Film and Video - University of Hertfordshire

Sun Dec 01 10:15:36 GMT 2019

The School of Humanities at the University of Hertfordshire wishes to appoint a Lecturer in Film and Video to join the rapidly expanding Media Group from January 2020.

*Closing date:* 4 December 2019
*Salary: *£33,797 - £40,322 pa dependent on skills and experience
*Grade:* UH7
*FTE:* Full time working 37 hours per week (1.0 fte)
*Duration of Contract: *1-year fixed term contract
*Location: *College Lane Campus, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield.

*Main duties & responsibilities*

The post-holder will provide high quality teaching and module leadership within the Media subject group and pastoral and academic support for students. The Lecturer will work as part of a team incorporating the Head of Media, Module Leaders, the Programme Administrator, administrative staff, the Dean of School and the Associate Deans of School. As a Lecturer in Film and Video you will be required to undertake teaching, learning and assessment, including module leadership on the film and media undergraduate and post-graduate programmes including modules such as: Genre, Style and Stars (Introduction to Film Theory), Introduction to Film Criticism, Global Film and Television(MA), Film Production, Research Methods, Video Features and Essays and Film/Media dissertations. Additionally, you will be required to set and mark formative and summative assessments with a view to ensuring that the students on our programmes are working towards the correct level set by Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).

*Skills and experience needed
*

Applicants must have substantial proven teaching experience at HE level, in addition to relevant experience of research and dissemination of research findings. Applicants must also have excellent IT, organisation and planning skills.

*Qualifications required*

Applicants must hold an Honours degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent. Additionally, applicants should have a Masters Degree in a relevant discipline and ideally have obtained a PhD (or equivalent qualification), or be close to completion of PhD (no more than 3 months prior to viva) in a relevant subject area.

We are a committed equal opportunities employer and we particularly encourage applications from BAME candidates, to reflect staff under-representation where it exists and our diverse student cohort.
*
*
*Contact details/Informal enquiries*

Sharon Maxwell Magnus, Head of Media Subject Group (01707 285729, (S.R.Maxwell-Magnus /at/ herts.ac.uk))

For more information & to apply, see:
https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BWV654/lecturer-in-film-and-video