[Commlist] Post opening: Non-residential Rosenberg Institute Scholar, Suffolk University, Boston

Tue Oct 08 13:32:28 GMT 2019

    Rosenberg Institute Scholar - College of Arts and Sciences

Faculty

Apply at: http://jobs.jobvite.com/suffolkuniversity/job/oZGgbfwQ

      Description

The Rosenberg Institute for East Asian Studies at Suffolk University Boston welcomes applications from scholars who wish to be considered for a short term appointment as a Rosenberg Institute Scholar.

This nonresidential appointment is for scholars who wish to complete a research and writing topic of contemporary or current policy relevance that focuses on Greater China, Southeast Asia or South Asia. We especially encourage applicants who are willing to disseminate their scholarship to a broad audience, or engage in public scholarship across various platforms.

The program supports a six month appointment on a nonresidential basis, as well as a brief residential component of a few days at Suffolk University’s campus in downtown Boston, during which time the Scholar will be asked to present a public seminar and interact with Suffolk University faculty and students. The Rosenberg Institute Scholar will be expected to complete an English language article or white paper that will be published on the Rosenberg Institute website, and become part of the institute’s continuing series of white papers. We expect that a first draft of the paper will be submitted before the end of the appointment; and that the Scholar maintain active communication with the Institute Director during the entirety of the appointment.

*Applications are due no later than November 1, 2019. *

_Eligibility and Application Process_

Most applicants should possess an earned Ph.D.  We will consider applications from scholars at any stage in their career, but they must be a member of the faculty of an accredited degree-granting institution. We especially welcome and encourage candidates from groups underrepresented in the field of Asian Studies.

Complete applications will include a completed application form, a full CV, one letter of reference, and a research topic proposal of no more than 1000 words. The proposal should at a minimum present the topic and its importance to contemporary policymaking; a hypothesis or thesis; proposed method of inquiry; possible ways to disseminate or raise awareness of the project; and a tentative completion schedule. In addition, the proposal should clearly indicate the applicant’s qualifications and ability to carry out the proposed project and other terms of this appointment. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to process visas. Application should be made through the Suffolk HR website and additional materials should be sent electronically to Maureen Dooley at (mdooley2 /at/ suffolk.edu)).

Suffolk University is a private, comprehensive, urban university located in downtown Boston, and is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. To learn more about Suffolk University visit our website at www.suffolk.edu <http://www.suffolk.edu/>.

    Suffolk University in Boston - Suffolk University

Suffolk University in Boston is a private higher education institution offering full- and part-time undergraduat...

<http://www.suffolk.edu/>

Please direct any additional inquiries to:

Professor Ronald Suleski

Director of the Rosenberg Institute for East Asian Studies

Suffolk University

(rsuleski /at/ suffolk.edu)