[Commlist] Memory & Media History: GOI Scholarship

Fri Sep 13 20:33:30 GMT 2019

*Memory-Informed Media Histories*

**

*Government of Ireland Scholarship Applications*

The Irish Research Councilis inviting applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2020.

The scholarship offers:

  * A stipend of €16,000 per annum
  * A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of
    €5,750 per annum
  * Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum

Candidates must liaise with a prospective supervisor to apply. To that end, I would welcome enquiries from prospective research students in the specific area of media histories that are informed by, but not solely based on, audience/user recollection as a source. This approach may lend itself best to explorations of radio, television and the internet.

I will also be happy to take enquiries regarding more general proposed topics in media and communication.

The deadline for applications is 16:00 (Irish time) 31 October 2019. However, given the competitive nature of the fund, applications will need to be initiated with a prospective supervisor immediately.

I can be contacted via email on (edward.brennan /at/ tudublin.ie)

Recent related work: A Post-Nationalist History of Television in Ireland <https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783319968599#reviews>

Details on the scholarship are available here: http://research.ie/funding/goipg/