[Commlist] Call for Book Proposals in Media Anthropology

Wed Aug 28 11:06:04 GMT 2019

We invite you to submit book proposals for the Media Anthropology
<https://www.berghahnbooks.com/series/anthropology-of-media> book series
published by Berghahn Books. Pioneering a dedicated series for media
anthropology, the collection has brought out several influential books that
are widely read and referenced.

The series aims to curate some of the finest works in the exciting field of
media anthropology, and invites new contributions that strongly resonate
with these objectives:

The ubiquity of media across the globe has led to an explosion of interest
in the ways people around the world use media as part of their everyday
lives. This series addresses the need for works that describe and theorize
multiple, emerging, and sometimes interconnected, media practices in the
contemporary world. Interdisciplinary and inclusive, this series offers a
forum for ethnographic methodologies, studies of media practices that
especially go beyond Eurocentric accounts, explorations of transnational
connectivity, mediated forms of political subjectivities and political
action, and studies that link culture and practices across fields of media
production, consumption and circulation.

We are particularly interested in well-written monographs that offer rich
description of media practices, and combine these with interesting
theoretical insights. We also accept some well-conceived and
well-integrated edited volumes that explore new theoretical or topical
themes in media anthropology.

Formal submissions should be sent directly to Berghahn Books. For more
information on Berghahn's manuscript submission procedure, please look at
the Info for Authors <http://www.berghahnbooks.com/authors/> section on
this web site. But we are happy to correspond with you about your projects,
ideas and works in progress, and answer questions, prior to your formal
submission.