[Commlist] Media Studies lecturer post (part-time)

Thu Jul 04 20:01:23 GMT 2019

We’re advertising for a 0.6 Media Studies lecturer for October:
https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTgxNTU5MiZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjUmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJmpvYl9yZWZfY29kZT0xODE1NTkyJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0yMjQ

It’s for work on the Critical Studies route on our MA - a named award effectively in media and cultural studies.

Lecturer in Media Studies, - Ref:1815592

Click here to go back to search results
UCL Department / Division
UCL Institute of Education
Specific unit / Sub department
Department of Culture, Communicaiton and Media
Location of position
London
Grade
8
Hours
Part Time
Hours per week (%FTE)
21.9 hours per week (60%) FTE
Salary
(inclusive of London allowance)
£43,884 - £51,769 per annum
Salary pro-rata for part time vacancies
Duties and Responsibilities

The UCL Institute of Education (IOE) is a world-leading centre for research and teaching in social science and education, ranked number one for education worldwide in the most recent (2017) QS World University Rankings. The Department of Culture, Communication and Media (CCM) is committed to excellence in teaching and research across multidisciplinary programmes that incorporate language and communication, art, design and museology, and music. The post will be based in the UCL Knowledge Lab, a leading interdisciplinary research centre on digital research and design in education; and in the Centre for Digital Arts Research Education (DARE). The postholder will join the expanding Media team, working on the exciting new Future Media programme for UCL. Please note: this is a mainstream media programme, incorporating a named award in Digital Media: Critical Studies, to which this post will be mainly attached.

The key duties of the post will be to teach on the MA Digital Media programme, with particular reference to a new route and named award in Digital Media: Critical Studies; and to contribute to the UCL Knowledge Lab and DARE centre research profiles.

This post is available from 1st September 2019.

Key Requirements

Applicants should have a doctorate (completed or close to completion) in media studies or screen studies or similar fields; experience of teaching in these areas, ideally at MA level; and an emerging research and publication record.
Further Details

A job description and person specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page.

To apply for this vacancy click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.

For further details about this post, please contact Professor Andrew Burn: (a.burn /at/ ucl.ac.uk) We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.
Closing Date
Our department is working towards an Athena SWAN award. We are committed to advancing gender equality within our department. This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Academic Staff.