[Commlist] The journal Global Media and China published

Fri Jun 28 14:41:50 GMT 2019

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue(Volume 4, Issue 2, June 2019).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to http://journals.sagepub.com/home/gch, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gch/current

*Volume 4, Issue 2, June 2019*

*Special Section: * Data on Demand: Ranking the Nation, Predicting the Future

**

*_Research Article_*

*_
_*

Michael Keane, Gary Rawnsley

*Data on Demand*

Alberto Carrera Portugal

*The role of city rankings in local public policy design: Urban competitiveness and economic press*

Chang Zhang, Ruiqin Wu

*Battlefield of global ranking: How do power rivalries shape soft power index building?*

Brian Yecies, Michael Keane, Haiqing Yu, Elaine Jing Zhao, Peter Yong Zhong, Susan Leong, Huan Wu

*The cultural power metric: Toward a reputational analysis of China’s soft power in the Asia-Pacific*

Karen Li Xan Wong, Amy Shields Dobson

*We’re just data: Exploring China’s social credit system in relation to digital platform ratings cultures in Westernised democracies*

*_Original Articles_**__*

Huan Chen, Rang Wang, Xuan Liang

*Americanized or localized: A qualitative study on Chinese advertising practitioners’ perceptions of creativity and strategy in the digital age*

Xiaoxiao Zhang

*Narrated oppressive mechanisms: Chinese audiences’ receptions of effeminate masculinity*

Yicheng Zhu

*Determining economic news about China in global news feed: Evidence from Global Database of Events, Language and Tone*

Zheng Zhu

*Re-constructing “China” in a transnational context*

Best regards,

Dr HAN Xiao

Research Assistant, Social Media Centre, Communication University of China (CUC)

Commissioning Editor, Global Media and China