[Commlist] CFP: Fan Studies Network Conference 2019

Mon Mar 18 21:18:51 GMT 2019

We would like to remind interested parties that the deadline for submitting abstracts for this years' FSN Conference will shortly be upon us: Sunday 24th March.

We invite abstracts of no more than 300 words for papers that address any aspect of fandom or fan studies. We also welcome collated submissions for pre-constituted panels of four papers and our popular speed-geeking event. We encourage new members, in all stages of study, to the network and welcome proposals for presentations on, but not limited to, the following possible topics related to our location, keynote and themed roundtable on representation and diversity:

Music fandom; Literary fandom (Sherlock Holmes/Dickens); Subcultural identities; Cult movies and filming locations; Transcultural and transnational fandom; Fandom, race and ethnicity; fandom and inclusivity

Please send any abstracts/enquires to: (fsnconference /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(fsnconference /at/ gmail.com)> by the end of Sunday 24th March, 2019. Please include up to three keywords for your submission and a short biographical note.

You can join the discussion using #FSN2019, follow us @FanStudies or visit http://www.fanstudies.org