[Commlist] Creating Comics, Creative Comics 2019: Beyond

Wed Mar 13 14:02:30 GMT 2019

Creating Comics, Creative Comics 2019

BEYOND

University of South Wales: Cardiff Campus (Friday 31st May – Saturday 1st June 2019).
Comics Symposium 2019, Call For Papers.

We are interested in what lies beyond. In current comics practice, what lies yonder? In particular we are interested in emerging issues of materiality and practice that creators and practitioners consider when constructing work. We ask how these constructions developed for viewing-reading change according to materiality, embodied practices and creative decision making.

This two-day single-panel Symposium, aims to explore, practitioner and creator perspectives in comics creation and production.
We welcome 20-minute papers and provocations on:

Practice as Research
Craft / Technology revival
Individual creativity Autoethnography and autobiography
Creative collaborations
Practical processes of adaptation or revival Narrative construction
Materiality and production
Digital
Physical

Proposals for twenty minute presentations are invited. Please send abstracts of 300 words and a 100 word biography to the symposium organizers Brian Fagence ((brian.fagence /at/ southwales.ac.uk)) and Geraint D’Arcy ((geraint.darcy /at/ southwales.ac.uk)) by the 24th April 2019.

We are trying to arrange onsite childcare during the hours of the symposium. Please let us know in your correspondence whether you would require this service.