[Commlist] CFP: Surveillance Studies Network Small Research Grant

Wed Feb 27 13:03:19 GMT 2019

A CFP from the Surveillance Studies Network:

We are pleased to announce that in response to feedback from our members we have made available some funding to support scholars working in economically under-resourced regions. Through a “Surveillance Studies Network (SSN) Small Research Grant” we will be able to make *up to**four awards of up to £500 each* available for the 2019-2020 academic year. This award will also be accompanied by a two year SSN membership. The Small Grants Committee will review and select recipients based on the following criteria and process.**

*Eligibility*

Surveillance Studies Network members (/or non-members who conduct surveillance-related research and would like to become part of SSN/) are encouraged to apply, with preference given to persons who:

·justify themselves as working in an economically under-resourced region;

·are early career researchers (i.e., a doctoral student or researcher who has earned their PhD in the last five years);

·have not previously received funding through the SSN Small Research Grant; and,

·submit all required criteria prior to the application deadline.

**

*Evaluation Criteria*

We will be evaluating applications based on their articulation of specific research-related activities that would significantly augment the applicant’s program of research, but that would not be feasible without additional funding. Additionally, we will take into consideration the overall feasibility of the proposed work and the extent to which it is likely to make a significant contribution to surveillance studies.

**

*Process*

Please submit a brief proposal (1 page maximum) outlining the activities to be conducted, the importance of these activities to your program of research, a brief justification of your region of residence as economically under-resourced, comments on your suitability for the award based on the other criteria of preference, and a timeline for completion. (All awarded funds must be spent by June 30, 2020.) Additionally, please submit a separate budget (1 page maximum) outlining your plans for using any awarded funds up to a maximum of £500 (e.g., travel, transcription services, informant payments, technical equipment).

**

*Send your proposal and budget in one document to Alana Saulnier <mailto:(alana.saulnier /at/ lakeheadu.ca)> on or before March 30, 2019.*

Notification of awards will be made as soon as possible after the deadline.