Archive for December 2019

[Commlist] Lectureship in Sociology of Media and Education UCL

Fri Dec 20 14:43:11 GMT 2019

New position at UCL – Lecturer in the Sociology of Media and Education – in the Department of Education, Practice and Society. Closing Date: 17^th January 2020. Link here - https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BXL164/lecturer-in-sociology-of-the-media-and-education

Lecturer in Sociology of the Media and Education
UCL - Department of Education, Practice and Society
Location: 	London
Salary: 	£44,674 to £52,701 Per annum
Hours: 	Full Time
Contract Type: 	Permanent
Placed On: 	13th December 2019
Closes: 	17th January 2020
Job Ref: 	1849173

The appointment will be on UCL Grade 8. The salary range will be £44,674 - £52,701 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance.

About the Department of Education, Practice and Society (EPS) The Department of Education, Practice and Society (EPS) is a thriving multidisciplinary department at the UCL Institute of Education. It encompasses: (i) the domain areas of History, Philosophy and Sociology of Education; (ii) the fields of Comparative, International development, Further, Higher and Lifelong Education; and a number of research centres, including the Centre for Sociology of Education and Equity (CSEE).

The Centre for Sociology of Education and Equity The new post holder will work within the Centre for Sociology of Education and Equity (CSEE) co-directed by Professor Louise Archer and Professor Jessica Ringrose https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ioe/departments-and-centres/centres/centre-sociology-education-and-equity CSEE aims to build capacity and create a vibrant and supportive research culture and promote high quality sociology of education research for the public good by: (i) bringing together researchers, from across UCL and beyond, who also conduct sociological research within the broad field of education; (ii) to facilitate the formation of support structures to facilitate the development of proposals, as well as larger bidding teams; and, (iii) to build a larger base from which to engage in knowledge exchange between scholars, policy-makers and practitioners.

We are looking to appoint a Lecturer in the Sociology of the Media and Education who will include acting as a Module Leader for the undergraduate module Sociology of the Media as well as teaching across other Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in Sociology and Education, generating ideas to develop CSEE’s funded research portfolio and contributing to PhD supervision.

We are interested in candidates who have a background in Sociology, Media and Education together with experience of the sociology of media and its implications for education.

A job description and person specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page. To apply for the vacancy click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.

If you have any queries regarding the vacancy, please contact Dr Caroline Oliver: (c.oliver /at/ ucl.ac.uk) / 0207 612 6565.

Latest time for the submission of applications: 23.59.

We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.

We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.

Our department is working towards an Athena SWAN award. We are committed to advancing gender equality within our department.