Archive for December 2019

[Commlist] Lecturer in Media post, Lancaster University

Fri Dec 06 12:56:25 GMT 2019

*Lecturer in Media*

**

*The Sociology Department at Lancaster University runs successful BA, MA and PhD programmes in Media & Cultural Studies.*

**

*Salary: *£35,845 to £40,322
*Closing Date: *Wednesday 01 January 2020
*Interview Date: *Thursday 23 January 2020
*Reference: *A2916

Lancaster University’s Department of Sociology invites applications for a full-time Teaching and Research Lecturer position in Media Studies (three year fixed term). We particularly want to enrich our existing research strengths in one or more of the following areas: Transnational Media; Global Media (non-Western); Inequalities and Media; Social Media Activism; Screen Studies; Media and Consumer Society; Media and Environmental Activism; Media and Democracy; Decolonising Media (as practice). We especially welcome applicants who employ Critical Race, Post-Colonial, Indigenous, and Feminist approaches and who are excited by the possibilities of our dynamic and interdisciplinary research department.

You will be able to teach undergraduate and postgraduate students in the theory and/or practice of media, as well as supervise graduate student research. We also particularly welcome applicants with experience in diversifying assessment through creative/critical media project work or audio-visual projects.

We are seeking a lecturer who can: develop our student experience beyond the curriculum (through field trips and our student experience programme); participate in recruitment visits to schools and colleges; contribute to the University’s ambitious widening participation targets; foster links with international partners; generate excellent learning environments for international students; and contribute to our Global Summer School programme in Media.

You will receive training, mentoring and opportunities for Professional Development.

For informal enquiries please contact the Head of Department Professor Imogen Tyler by email *(sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk)* <mailto:(sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk)>

This is a fixed term appointment for three years. We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups.

Further details: https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A2916

*Professor Anne Cronin*

Sociology Dept, Bowland North B06

Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YN, UK

Tel. +44(0)1524 593594

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/fass/sociology/profiles/anne-cronin

Cronin, Anne  M. (2018) /Public Relations Capitalism: Promotional Culture, Publics and Commercial Democracy/. Basingstoke: Palgrave. https://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9783319726366

Cronin, Anne M. (2016) ‘Reputational capital in “the PR University”: public relations and market rationalities’, /Journal of Cultural Economy/, 9(4): 396-409. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17530350.2016.1179663?journalCode=rjce20

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e6f0c3d96c73e34c04a5a85bc/images/a55462f3-32da-4647-b973-86c4c04452b9.png