Archive for May 2019

[Commlist] Creative Interruptions: Festival of Arts and Activism - Programme Published

Wed May 01 18:07:24 GMT 2019

*Creative Interruptions: Festival of Arts and Activism - Programme Published*

The Creative Interruptions team is delighted to announce that, following a rigorous selection process, the /Creative Interruptions: Festival of Arts and Activism/ organising committee can publish details of selected speakers and panels.

We are proud to present a series of contributions that address how everyday citizens and communities that have been marginalised communities use the arts, media and creativity to challenge exclusion. Alongside contributions from established academics, we are pleased that the programme for /Creative Interruptions: Festival of Arts and Activism /will also provide an opportunity for postgraduate students, early career researchers, independent scholars, artists and creative practitioners to showcase their work and research.

The topics that will be addressed over the course of this 2-day festival emphasise the diversity of interests within the field of grassroots creativity and processes of exclusion, and will illustrate the local and global dynamics of co-creative, decolonial, and participatory approaches.

*The draft programme* (subject to change) *can be viewed in full /_here._/*
Please note that the programme is subject to change.

*You can still register to the festival /here/ <https://webapps.brunel.ac.uk/apps/event/UI/pages/online-payment.aspx?sysSection=3&event=2nfYaNXVx8U=>. The Early Bird Registration ends this Friday, 3rd May.*

We are greatly looking forward to welcoming you all to BFI Southbank in June, and will soon be making further announcements about how to register for workshops. For all the latest information, please follow Creative Interruptions on Twitter: /@CreativeInterr/ <https://twitter.com/creativeinterr>