Archive for February 2019

[Commlist] Film Matters 9.2 published

Wed Feb 06 22:34:55 GMT 2019

Intellect is delighted to announce that Film Matters 9.2 is now available!

For more information about the issue, click here >> https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/intellect/fm/2018/00000009/00000002

9.2 content

Editorial

Neglected Cinema and Post-Global Politics Preface
Authors: Cedric Bobro

Features

Budget Sex: The Neglected Perspective of Youth in Contemporary Cinema
Authors: Shaye Guillory

The Underrepresented Nature of Mixed-Race Identity in British Cinema: Prejudice and Parentage in The Girl with Brains in Her Feet
Authors: Lauren Ekene Nwenwu

Ivan Sen and Mabo, the Aboriginal Tracker, Genre, and Accessibility
Authors: Nick Bugeja

Gorehounds: Reconsidering the Study of Splatter Narrativity
Authors: Matthew Cohen

Contorted Bodies: Women’s Representation in Japanese Horror Films
Authors: Katelyn Terry

Political Revelations in Detail: The Close-Up in Patricio Guzmán’s The Battle of Chile
Authors: Stephen N. Borunda

Featurettes

Aurora Guerrero on Mosquita y Mari: “My experience is just a fraction of what we’ve lived [and] what our community goes through”
Authors: Diana Alanis And Verónica González Kompalic

Fatherland and Death: An Interview with Mariana Rondón on Her Work, the Ethics of Filmmaking, and the Voice of the Neglected
Authors: Verónica González Kompalic

Reviews

Books

Authors: Eduard Saakashvili And Kimberly Mariah Smallwood And K. M. Wise And Jonathan Wright

Atari Age: The Emergence of Video Games in America, Michael Z. Newman (2017)
Silent Cinema and the Politics of Space, Jennifer M. Bean, Anupama Kapse, and Laura Horak, eds. (2014)
Sportswomen in Cinema: Film and the Frailty Myth, Nicholas Chare (2015)
Film and the Ethical Imagination, Asbjørn Grønstad (2016)

Film

Authors: Luke Batten And Caleb Camrud

Catch Me If You Can (2002)
The Greatest Showman (2017)

DVD/Blu-ray

Authors: Drew Pisano And Jesse Schlotterbeck And Emmett Williams

Every Man for Himself (1980)
Dheepan (2015)