Archive for September 2017

[ecrea] cfp - MAI: A Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture

Fri Sep 15 21:55:12 GMT 2017

*MAI: A Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture* is seeking contributions for its first issue. We address a wide range of visual culture (Film and Television, Photography, Art, Sculpture, Performance, Video Games, Comic Books and Graphic Novels, Design, Fashion and Online media) through a feminist lens. We welcome creative, visual and experimental approaches to writing on visual culture from a feminist perspective (indeed the journal has sections dedicated to Video Essays, Creative Response and Feminist Literature). We also welcome reviews of exhibitions and books - especially reappraisals of forgotten or overlooked feminist texts. We also have an interview or dialogue section open to conversation and exchange with activists and practitioners. We hope to publish our first issue in January and thereafter have special issues lined up on imaging queer sex, female authorship and television. Please do get in touch with Anna Backman Rogers and Anna Misiak, the journal's co-editors in chief and founders if you have ideas and writing you would like to contribute to this feminst conversation at (Anna.Backman.Rogers /at/ gu.se) and/or (Anna.Misiak /at/ falmouth.ac.uk) MAI aims to be intersectional in its approach to visual culture and is open to and encourages LGBTQI and BME writers especially.
With best wishes,
ABR and AM.

/Selected Publications:/

/
/

/American Independent Cinema: Rites of Passage and The Crisis Image /(EUP 2015)

/Feminisms/, co-edited with Laura Mulvey (AUP 2015)

/Sofia Coppola: The Politics of Visual Pleasure /(Berghahn 2017)

/Female Authorship and the Documentary Image: Theory, Practice /and///Aesthetics/, co-edited with Boel Ulfsdotter (EUP 2017)

/
/

/Female Agency/and /Documentary Strategies: Subjectivities, Identity, and Activism, /co-edited with Boel Ulfsdotter (EUP 2017)