Archive for August 2017

[ecrea] New issue of the journal Internet Histories

Mon Aug 21 17:40:51 GMT 2017

New issue of the journal /Internet Histories/ is now out! In issue 1(3) you'll find the following articles:

What is “internet”? The case for the proper noun and why it is important
Morten Bay

When search engines stopped being human: menu interfaces and the rise of the ideological nature of algorithmic search
Niels Kerssens--OPEN ACCESS

Towards a nonlinear, material history of digital swarms
Alberto Micali

Infonie: a forced conversion to the Internet (1995–2000)
Stéphanie Le Gallic

Conversations with a pioneer: Paul Baran in his own words
Morten Bay

You can find more information about all the articles here http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rint20/1/3?nav=tocList

Please also consider submitting an article to the journal, more information about submission can be found here http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=rint20&page=instructions. We are already now planning issue 2(1) and we would very much like to have more submissions for this issue within the next 1-2 months.