Archive for June 2017

[ecrea] New book - The Flaherty: decades in the cause of independent cinema

Thu Jun 29 21:35:51 GMT 2017

After more than a decade-plus of research and writing, we are very pleased to announce the publication of our book, THE FLAHERTY: DECADES IN THE CAUSE OF INDEPENDENT CINEMA (Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 2017).

Launched in 1955 by Frances Flaherty, The Flaherty Seminar is one of the oldest continuously running nonprofit media arts organizations supporting independent cinema in the world. The book combines the words of legendary international independent filmmakers in Flaherty Seminar post screening discussion edited by Scott MacDonald with a detailed history of the Flaherty written by Patricia R. Zimmermann. We showcase and analyze its complex history and legacy.

*Indiana University Press is kindly offering members of the Visible Evidence community a 20% discount on the book, available until July 15, 2017. Use the code FMG2XX at iupress.indiana.edu to receive the discount. *

*
*

More description of this book as well as a table of contents can be found here:

http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/product_info.php?products_id=808635

<http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/product_info.php?products_id=808635>

The Flaherty - Indiana University Press <http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/product_info.php?products_id=808635>
www.iupress.indiana.edu
This is the inspiring story of The Flaherty, one of the oldest continuously running nonprofit media arts institutions in the world, which has shaped the development ...