Archive for June 2017

[ecrea] Call for Paper: Ways of Being in a Digital Age- A Review Conference

Mon Jun 12 19:45:26 GMT 2017

*Ways of Being in a Digital Age – A Review Conference*

*
*

Dates: 10^th  and 11^th  of October 2017

Location: University of Liverpool, UK

Key Dates: 300 word abstracts: 21^st July 2017; Acceptance by 25th August 2017;

This conference will close the UK Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) review of “Ways of being in a digital age”. The project was commissioned by the ESRC to help identify and prioritise future areas and methods for research on the social, economic, political, psychological and cultural impacts of digital media and technologies. The final report will be published over the summer of 2017.

Click here for details of the project <https://waysofbeingdigital.com/>: https://waysofbeingdigital.com

Click here for details of the conference <https://waysofbeingdigital.com/conference/%20>: https://waysofbeingdigital.com/conference/

Click here for the submission site: https://waysofbeingdigital.com/conference/

Led by the University of Liverpool, the project team consists of academics from eight UK universities and a broader international steering group that represents 18 universities and organisations from across the UK, France, the USA and Singapore.

Click here for more information on the people involved in this research <https://waysofbeingdigital.com/people/>: https://waysofbeingdigital.com/people

To close the project, we are holding an academic conference to present, extend and deepen the work of the project team. We are calling for review papers on topics that address any aspect of the seven project domains:

 1. Citizenship and politics
 2. Communities and identities
 3. Communication and relationships
 4. Health and wellbeing
 5. Economy and sustainability
 6. Data and representation
 7. Governance and security

We are looking papers that offer systematic, thematic or methodological reviews of existing research on any aspect of the seven project domains. We are particularly interested in papers that build on reviews to offer analysis of research gaps and challenges for social research in the digital age. We intend to include the conference papers in an edited collection developed from the project.

Abstract submissions are sought by 21^st July 2017 to: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wbda2017

For information on the conference or the project contact: (simeon.yates /at/ liverpool.ac.uk) <mailto:(simeon.yates /at/ liverpool.ac.uk)>