Archive for June 2017

[ecrea] Job Opportunity: Director/National Strategy Knight Foundation¹s Community and National Initiatives program

Fri Jun 02 00:37:27 GMT 2017

Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.

Knight Foundation’s Community and National Initiatives program works in 26 communities across the United States. As a national foundation with deep local roots, Knight works to drive impact locally and to share insights and ideas nationally about how to support informed and engaged communities.

Reporting to and working with the Vice President/Communities and Impact, the Director/National Strategy will lead Knight Foundation’s cross-community grant-making portfolio. A significant focus of this work will be the role of technology in supporting smarter, more responsive cities and communities.

*Key Responsibilities:*

  * Conceive and develop a significant vision and plan for a
    technology-oriented strategy for Knight Foundation communities.
  * Develop and manage Knight Foundation’s cross-community strategy and
    collaborate with the foundation’s community-based program directors
    to develop, test and scale effective approaches to supporting
    informed and engaged communities.
  * Cultivate, execute and support high-impact grants with major
    national and place-based partners.
  * Build national networks that can connect Knight Foundation and local
    partners to thought leaders and expertise around the future of
    informed and engaged communities.
  * Serve as a national thought leader in advancing the innovative
    approaches, resources and technologies tested and developed in
    Knight communities.
  * Track the implications of various developments (technology, policy,
    etc.) on the program and the sector.

Knight Foundation <http://www.knightfoundation.org/> is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.

The essential elements for this work are: belief in a vision, courage to push for change, willingness to explore new ideas, expertise to accomplish the work and tenacity to reach the desired results. If you share this passion, we want to hear from you. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.

Send your resume to: (recruiter /at/ knightfoundation.org) <mailto:(recruiter /at/ knightfoundation.org)>

For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.knightfoundation.org <http://www.knightfoundation.org/>

/Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer./