Archive for December 2016

[ecrea] Publication announcement: New lesson plans for “Teaching Postfeminism and Media Culture"

Fri Dec 30 10:54:39 GMT 2016

Teaching Media Quarterly is pleased to announce the publication of Volume 4, Edition 4, “Teaching Postfeminism and Media Culture.” It features lesson plans by Krista Hoffmann-Longtin & Sarah Bonewits Feldner, Dara Persis Murray, and Sarah Kornfield.

The issue can be viewed at: http://www.teachingmedia.org/tmq/

Volume 4, Edition 4

“Teaching Postfeminism and Media Culture” Teaching Media Quarterly 4 (4): 2016

Lauren Weinzimmer
University of Minnesota
Editor’s Notes and Introduction

Krista Hoffmann-Longtin, Indiana University & Sarah Bonewits Feldner, Marquette University Ten Things I Hate About the “F” Word: Analyzing Definitions of Feminism Using Legally Blonde and 10 Things I Hate About You

Dara Persis Murray
Manhattanville College
A Feminist Pedagogical Approach to Disrupting Students’ Digital Self-Representational Strategies

Sarah Kornfield
Hope College
The Hunger Games: Understanding postfeminist and postracial ideologies