Archive for December 2016

[ecrea] Journalism & Mass Communications (JMComm 2017) call for papers

Mon Dec 05 17:30:04 GMT 2016

Call for papers for the Global Science and Technology Forum's 6th Annual International Conference on Journalism & Mass Communications (JMComm 2017). The conference will take place on 9th – 10th October 2017 in Singapore.

Past contributors have included scholars from Europe, the Americas, Australasia, Africa and elsewhere. Accepted papers will be considered for publication.

The Paper Submission deadline is 8th May 2017. The call is now open at http://www.jmcomm.org/call-for-papers/en/cfp.html

We would be thankful if you could help us disseminate the JMComm 2017 Call For Papers through your own networks. For any inquiries, please email (secretariat /at/ jmcomm.org)<mailto:(secretariat /at/ jmcomm.org)>
-------------------------

CONFERENCE THEME
"JOURNALISM, MEDIA AND MASS COMMUNICATION IN THE AGE OF INFORMATION"

Mass media is seen in nearly every facet of our daily lives and technology is constantly altering the way we live. The technology boom that has been felt around the world has forever changed communication as we know it and has greatly impacted our personal and professional lives. Presently, the media as a vehicle of social change influence appearance, language, family, status, politics, and religion.

Certain differences exist between information, entertainment, and communication in today's society, particularly in relation to mass media. These various media interactions have converged in our current society in a number of ways and have impacted social relations through the way we communicate with one another. Educational implications require an understanding of the complex world through interdisciplinary scholarship, critical viewing, new values, and an examination of the impact of the mass media.

With all the new technology, digital tools and connectivity, one of the most interesting fallouts has been the intensification of social connections… connecting the world as a single place, and creating a greater awareness of opinion, bias, and raw news. The intersection of globalization, communication, and journalism defines an important and growing field of research, particularly concerning the public sphere and spaces for political discourse.

CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
Half-day Workshop on “Digital Narratives, Entertainment and Community Building”
By Dr. Vivian Hsueh Hua Chen, Nanyang Technological University
JMComm 2017 Proceedings : Print ISSN: 2301-3710, E-Periodical ISSN: 2301-3729 will be published and submittedto several indexing partners. Journals : GSTF Journal on Media & Communications(JMC) (Print ISSN: 2335-6618, E-periodical: 2335-6626). All submitted papers will go through blind review process for acceptance. GSTF GBR is hosted and published on Springer’s Open Access publishing platform – Global Science Journals (GSJ).

call for papers
Book Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "The Age of Transformation: from Communication, Journalism, and Media to World Audiences and Societies" to be published by GSTF. The book will be edited by Prof. Gary E. Swanson, the Mildred S. Hansen Endowed Chair and Distinguished Journalist-in-Residence at the University of Northern Colorado, USA. Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
 JMComm 2017 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
Panel Proposals are invited for submission. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
Dr. Lin Allen
University of Northern Colorado
USA
PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Prof. Ivor Gaber
Professor & Director,
Political Journalism MA
City University London
UK 	Dr. Lilian Zac
School of Communication, International Studies & Languages
University of South Australia
Assoc Prof. Timothy F. Hamlett
School of Communication
Hong Kong Baptist University 	Assoc Prof. Marcy Burstiner
Assoc. Prof. of Journalism and Mass Communication
Humboldt State University
USA
Assoc. Prof. Wu Wei
Director, Nanyang Centre for Public Administration
Director, China Affairs Office
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore 	Assoc Prof. Shu-Ling Chen Berggreen
Journalism and Mass Communication
University of Colorado
USA
For a complete list of Committee