Archive for September 2016

[ecrea] Vacancy: Lectureship in Filmmaking (2 posts) at UWS

Tue Sep 13 18:52:08 GMT 2016

     *School of Media, Culture and Society*

     *Ayr Campus and Film City Glasgow*

     *Full-time, Permanent*

     An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Lecturers in Filmmaking
     to join our team in the School of Media, Culture and Society (MCS).

     MCS is a large (circa 2500 studentFTEs) multidisciplinary school
     where the social sciences and creative and cultural industries meet.
     We are focused on becoming a centre of excellence in media, culture,
     and society education, knowledge creation and exchange. We offer a
     supportive and aspirational environment in which staff and students
     work in partnership to create societal and cultural change.

     You will have the skills, knowledge, and experience to play a key
     role in achieving in teaching, internationalisation, research, and
     commercial activity. You will play a central role in our Screen and
     related disciplines primarily contributing to our popular BA (Hons)
     Filmmaking and Screenwriting and our soon to be offered MA
     Filmmaking. Candidates should have a strong practitioner profile in
     Filmmaking particularly fiction/documentary filmmaking and production.

     Ideally you should hold a PhD in filmmaking or a related field. You
     will be responsible for contributing to an excellent student
     experience by planning, developing and delivering an exciting
     curriculum utilising contemporary forms of pedagogy.  You will
     produce and publish excellent research outputs commensurate with the
     stage of your career and demonstrate an ability or potential to
     attract independent research funding. An internationalised
     experience is central to the UWS student experience and therefore
     you will support initiatives for staff and students to engage in
     international activities.

     You will be a highly motivated individual, passionate about your
     discipline and about contributing to the best possible student
     experience. You will be able to demonstrate a commitment to a
     successful academic career (research, enterprise, and teaching) and
     be comfortable working both autonomously and within and across a
     range of teams.

     The successful candidate will be excited by the opportunity to work
     in a multidisciplinary environment and will seek to exploit the
     opportunities afforded by this.

     Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Nick Higgins, Director
     of the Creative Media Academy on 01292 886298,
     (emailNick.Higgins /at/ uws.ac.uk) <mailto:(Nick.Higgins /at/ uws.ac.uk)>, or
     Professor Derek Carson, Dean of School, on 0141-848-3983, email
     (derek.carson /at/ uws.ac.uk) <mailto:(derek.carson /at/ uws.ac.uk)>

     Deadline: 11 Oct. Full details at jobs.uws.ac.uk

     Graham Jeffery
     Reader: Music and Performance
     Education Lead, Culture & Creativity