Archive for June 2016

[ecrea] IAMCR ESN Mentorship - Mentors needed

Sun Jun 26 13:06:06 GMT 2016

The IAMCR Emerging Scholars Mentorship Programme aims to connect emerging scholars with senior scholar mentors for guidance and assistance. As mentors, established scholars meet with a mentee at conferences and are available for basic feedback and advice via email throughout the year.

Following a previous call, we have received a large amount of applications from mentees but we need more mentors in order to find matches for our mentees, particularly in the following areas:

-Strategic communication, including marketing communication
-Health communication
-Bollywood film practice and theory
-Nigerian traditional print media

If you think you could spare some time at conferences and respond to a handful of emails throughout the year, then please consider signing up as a mentor. You can sign up by sending a quick email with your CV and research interests to (sylviab /at/ sfu.ca)

Thank you to those who have already volunteered to mentor a promising emerging scholar! I sincerely hope this will be a meaningful experience for you.

You can find more details on the program below.

Best wishes,

Sylvia Blake

Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholar and Ph.D. Candidate
School of Communication
Simon Fraser University
Vancouver, Canada
(sylviab /at/ sfu.ca)

----

Finding your way in academia can be confusing, overwhelming, and intimidating. Mentees are PhD candidates and early career researchers who apply to this Programme seeking advice on their research and research activities from established scholars who specialize in their research topics. The ESN Mentorship Programme will match emerging scholars with mentors from IAMCR in order to: i. Provide mentees with advice, guidance, and assistance at IAMCR and in their work ii. Develop research, publications, and participation in IAMCR and other academic communities
iii.	Exchange ideas, perspectives, and research
iv. Meet informally at conferences and communicate periodically during the year Mentoring is a great way to help out emerging scholars and to continue the international connections so valuable to IAMCR and to our academic community.
  For Mentors:
Do you have 30 minutes to spare at IAMCR conferences? Could you respond to a handful of emails throughout the year? Then please sign up now to become part of the ESN Mentorship Programme. Just send a CV/bio to (ruth.sanz-sabido /at/ canterbury.ac.uk).
  Mentor commitments:
• Meet with mentee at IAMCR conferences
• Communicate periodically during the year
• Provide advice and feedback on conference, publication, and research plans
If you are interested in being a mentor, please contact Sylvia Blake, ESN Mentorship Programme Coordinator at (sylviab /at/ sfu.ca). Please send a brief biographical note including your name, affiliation and research interests.