Archive for June 2016

[ecrea] New report on hate speech in Ethiopia's social media

Wed Jun 01 11:21:58 GMT 2016

You may find of interest the release of our final report on hate speech in
the social media in Ethiopia.  This, to our knowledge, is one of the first
academic studies that contextually examines how hate speech emerges and is
disseminated in the social media.

You can read more about the report here:
http://pcmlp.socleg.ox.ac.uk/2016/05/mechachal-final-report-released/

Or access the full report on Academia.edu:

https://www.academia.edu/25747549/Mechachal_-_Online_Debates_and_Elections_in_Ethiopia._Final_Report_From_hate_speech_to_engagement_in_social_media_Full_Report_

--

Dr. Matti Pohjonen
Research Fellow