Archive for May 2016

[ecrea] The CIA in Hollywood: Revised and Updated book

Sat May 14 10:20:05 GMT 2016

Free postage to UK customers

We hope the following title will be of interest to you.

*The CIA in Hollywood***

*How the Agency Shapes Film and Television***

/Tricia Jenkins/

//

"Jenkins's book raises serious ethical and legal questions about the relationship between the CIA and Hollywood and the extent to which we consume propaganda from one through the other. . . . Should the CIA be authorized to target American public opinion? If our artists don't confront [the question] more directly, and soon, the Agency will only continue to infiltrate our vulnerable film and television screens—and our minds." —Tom Hayden, /Los Angeles Review of Books/

//

"The book makes a strong case that the CIA should not be in Hollywood at all, but that if it is, it cannot pick and choose which movies it wishes to support. Well written and researched, this study examines a subject that has not received enough scholarly or critical attention. Highly recommended." —/Choice/

"A fascinating, highly readable, and original new work. . . . Incorporating effective, illustrative case studies, /The CIA in Hollywood/ is definitely recommended to students of film, media relations, the CIA, and U.S. interagency relations." —/H-Net Reviews/

//

With new chapters covering /Zero Dark Thirty, Homeland/, and /Argo/, this critically acclaimed book interrogates the nature and extent of the CIA’s influence on film and television.

*Tricia Jenkins* is an associate professor in the Film, Television, and Digital Media Department at Texas Christian University. She has published several articles on the CIA in Hollywood and on the spy genre more broadly.

University of Texas Press

March 2016 232pp 3 b&w photos 9780292772465 PB £18.99now only £15.19* when you quote *CSL516CIAH* when you order

http://www.combinedacademic.co.uk/the-cia-in-hollywood-content

*UK Postage and Packing FREE, Europe £4.50, RoW £4.99*

*(PLEASE QUOTE REF NUMBER:**CSL516CIAH***** *for discount) *

*To order a copy please contact Marston on +44(0)1235 465500 or email **(direct.orders /at/ marston.co.uk)* <mailto:(direct.orders /at/ marston.co.uk)>

*or visit our website: *

http://www.combinedacademic.co.uk/

*where you can also receive your discount*

*Price subject to change.

   **Offer excludes the USA, South America and Australia.