Archive for February 2016

[ecrea] CfP: DS10 Storytelling and Justice: Digital Storytelling Festival Call For Papers

Mon Feb 29 18:23:10 GMT 2016

Please be aware of our deadline extension until Monday *7th March* for
the below call for papers:

*DS10 Storytelling and Justice: Digital Storytelling Festival Call For
Papers*

We are delighted to announce that the George Ewart Evans Centre for
Storytelling Annual Symposium and DS10 Festival are this year joining
forces to present a two day symposium with a digital storytelling strand
on the theme of ‘Storytelling and Justice’. This follows our successful
‘Storytelling and Activism’ symposium held in 2015.

We aim to inspire, encourage and showcase exciting projects across a
wide spectrum of digital storytelling activity. The two-day event takes
place on Friday 13th and Saturday 14th May 2016 in The Atrium,
University of South Wales, Adam St, Cardiff, CF24 2FN.

As well as keynote speakers, provocations, Q and A sessions and film
screenings, we will be including an academic element to the Festival and
therefore announce a call for papers on Digital Storytelling and
Justice. We would like to provide an opportunity to our wide range of
attendees i.e. practitioners, researchers, community workers, youth
workers and students to present either an academic paper, propose a
panel, or run a workshop session.

Sessions selected from the call for papers will be presented on Friday
13th May 2016. Each paper will be allocated 20 minutes, panel
discussions and workshops will be allocated 40 minutes.

If you would like to contribute please submit an abstract of no more
than 300 words by *Monday, 7th March, 2016*clearly marking whether you
are proposing a panel discussion, paper, or workshop. We will notify the
successful contributors by 14th March, 2016. If there is anything you
would like to discuss further please get in touch with Denis Lennon.
Please send completed abstracts to Denis Lennon
((denis.lennon /at/ southwales.ac.uk)) by *7th March, 2016*

For more information on the George Ewart Evans Centre for Storytelling
please visithttp://storytelling.research.southwales.ac.uk/

Kind Regards
Denis Lennon BA(Hons) MA

Cynorthwyydd Ymchwil*Research Assistant

Canolfan Adrodd Storïau George Ewart Evans * George Ewart Evans Centre
for Storytelling
Sefydliad Ymchwil Diwydiannau Creadigol * Creative Industries Research
Institute
+44 7521 240 081<tel:+44%207521%20240%20081>
http://storytelling.research.southwales.ac.uk/

University of South Wales, Atrium, Cardiff Campus, Adam Street, Cardiff,
CF24 2FN
Prifysgol De Cymru, ATRiuM, Campws Caerdydd, Heol Adam, Caerdydd, CF24 2FN