Archive for February 2016

[ecrea] Screen Volume 56, Number 4 – Table of Contents

Tue Feb 02 22:00:27 GMT 2016

View the full Table of Contents at http://oxford.ly/1WXitJS

*ARTICLES*

Contested territory: American film spectatorship, colonial mimicry and
British Empire
by Beth Corzo-Duchardt

‘Never twice the same colour’: standardizing, calibrating and
harmonizing NTSC colour television in the early 1950s
by Susan Murray

/Don't Look Now/: transience and text
by Elizabeth Watkins

A new way of living: /West Side Story/, street dance and the New York
musical
by Martha Shearer

*DOSSIER: VISUAL PLEASURE AT 40*

Preface

Introduction
by John David Rhodes

Also features dossiers from Tamar Garb, Joanna Hogg, Isaac Julien, Mandy
Merck, Emma Wilson, and Laura Mulvey

*REVIEWS*

The Soul of Film Theory
Reviewed by Catherine Constable

Must We Kill the Thing We Love? Emersonian Perfectionism and the Films
of Alfred Hitchcock
Reviewed by David Banash

The Politics of Hollywood Cinema: Popular Film and Contemporary
Political Theory
Reviewed by Guy Westwell

Read the full issue at http://oxford.ly/1WXitJS