Archive for August 2015

[ecrea] CFP: International Girls Studies Association Conference 2016

Sun Aug 02 07:34:52 GMT 2015

*_International Girls Studies Association Inaugural Conference 2016_*

Full conference information can be found on our website:
http://girls-studies.org

International Girl Studies Association is seeking submissions for our
inaugural conference which is being held at the University of East
Anglia, Norwich from 7-9 April 2016. The inaugural conference seeks to
bring together researchers and students working on girls and girlhood in
any part of the world and in any discipline or interdisciplinary field.

Girl Studies has become one of the most dynamic academic fields,
encompassing a vast array of disciplines and interdisciplinary
approaches. This conference aims to bring together scholars from across
the world to explore experiences of girlhood, recent developments within
the field, investigating new questions and revisiting historical issues.

We seek proposals that address some of the key issues in girls studies
and we welcome both individual and panel presentations. Moreover, we are
also keen to move beyond the traditional conference format and would
encourage collaborative work, creative, visual, screenings and
performance based work. We are also keen to invite proposals from
individuals working in collaboration with girls, the community and
partner organisations.

      Confirmed Keynotes:

Professor Catherine Driscoll (University of Sydney, AUS)
Professor Christine Griffin (University of Bath, UK)
Professor Mary Celeste Kearney (University of Notre Dame, USA)
Professor Rozena Maart (University of KwaZulu-Natal, SA)

      Topics may include (but are not limited to)

  * Histories of girlhood
  * Global girlhood(s)
  * Intersectional girlhood
  * Queer girls
  * Representation of girlhood
  * Intergenerational girlhoods
  * Girlhood and consumption
  * Mediated girlhoods
  * Methodological approaches to girls’ studies
  * Girls and feminism
  * Girls and sport
  * Girls and politics
  * Girls and education
  * Young femininities
  * Body image
  * Subcultures and girlhood
  * Girls and digital media
  * Girls and activism
  * Girls and literature
  * Girls and popular culture
  * Girlhood during austerity
  * Girls and sexuality
  * Girls and health
  * Neoliberal girlhoods
  * Ethnographies of girlhood

Abstracts of 250 words, proposals for pre-constituted panels (250 words
per panellist) and proposals for creative and alternative presentations
(250 words) should be sent to (igsa.2016 /at/ uea.ac.uk)
<mailto:(igsa.2016 /at/ uea.ac.uk)> by 1st September 2015. All submissions
should be accompanied by brief bio.

Any questions or queries can be sent to (igsa.2016 /at/ uea.ac.uk)
<mailto:(igsa.2016 /at/ uea.ac.uk)>, our website is http://girls-studies.org

--

*Dr Victoria Cann **| **Lecturer in Humanities*

Interdisciplinary Institute for the Humanities, University of East
Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, U.K.

(v.cann /at/ uea.ac.uk) <mailto:(v.cann /at/ uea.ac.uk)> | Office: Mus 0.16 |

http://eastanglia.academia.edu/VictoriaCann
<http://eastanglia.academia.edu/VictoriaCann>