Archive for July 2015

[ecrea] Special issue of Critical Studies in Television - Gender and Television Comedy

Sat Jul 18 16:21:56 GMT 2015

Some of you may be interested in a special issue of /Critical Studies in
Television/ that has just been published, entitled *'Acting Up: Gender
and Television Comedy'
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00001>*

Table of Contents **

Editorial

*'Acting Up: Gender and Television Comedy'
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00001>
*by**/Leggott, James; Lockyer, Sharon; White, Rosie/

Articles

*'Don't Tell Me I'm Still on that Feckin' Island': Migration,
Masculinity, British Television and Irish Identity in the Work of Graham
Linehan
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00002>
*by**/Free, Marcus/**

**

*Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit: Performing Masculinity in /How I Met Your
Mother/
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00003>*by
/Thompson, Lauren Jade/

//

*/Girls/ Talk: Authorship and Authenticity in the Reception of Lena
Dunham's /Girls by /
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00004>*/Woods,
Faye/

*'Might as Well be Dead': Domesticity, Irony and Feminist Politics in
Contemporary Animation Comedy
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00005>
*
by /Gwynne, Joel/

*Angry Old Women: Peggy Mount and the Performance of Female Ageing in
the British Sitcom
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00006>
*by**/Mortimer, Claire/

*'That's the Last Time I play the Tart for You, Jerry!': Penelope Keith
and British Television Situation Comedy
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00007>
*by /Irwin, Mary/

//

*'I Think Women Are Possibly Judged More Harshly with Comedy': Women and
British Television Comedy Production
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00008>
*by /Mills, Brett; Ralph, Sarah/

//

*An Extra Slice of Jo Brand
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002/art00009>
*by**/Lockyer, Sharon/

//

/Please see:
/http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/manup/cstv/2015/00000010/00000002;jsessionid=85accrb5aq453.alice

Best wishes,

James Leggott, Sharon Lockyer and Rosie White