Archive for September 2014

[ecrea] Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies - Vol.3 2014

Mon Sep 29 01:21:18 GMT 2014

On behalf of the Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) board, I am pleased to announce that the Fall edition of our newsletter Celebrity Culture and Social Inquiry Vol. 4 has been published.

Highlights include:

    *

Dr Mira Moshe’s anthology The Emotions Industry featured on Nova Publishers home page under the "What's Special for September" section. Relations between fame and emotions theorized in Chapter 12.
    *

Dr Nandana Bose’s latest contributions in celebrity studies and Bollywood stardom
    *

Dr Anita Krajnc raises $36,000 in 3 weeks for mass education and activism
    *

Critical and inspirational talk on the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
    *

CFP: From Robson Green to Sean Bean: Mapping Northern Stardom on Popular British Television
    *

CFP: Be your selfie: identity, aesthetics and power in digital self-representation
    *

      CFP: Consuming/Culture: Women and Girls in Print and Pixels
    *

Cary Grant Comes Home For the Weekend Festival | 11-12 October 2014 | Bristol, UK
    *

      Stardom and Fandom panel
    *

      Teaching with selfies: new Creative Commons syllabus
    *

      Doctoral Survey – Kim Kardashian: Hollywood
    *

Industrial Approaches to Media: A Methodological Gateway to Industry Studies

You can now access the newsletter for printing or review here.

If you would like to discuss a scholarly publication, production, or share research with our board and readers in our growing research network, contact us at (info /at/ cmc-centre.com). Visit our website and send us an e-mail for criteria and details
Best wishes,

Dr. Samita Nandy and Board
Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS)

The Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) is an international organization and research network that helps coordinating academic research and media commentaries on celebrity culture. CMCS carries a pedagogical philosophy that inspires integration of research and media skills training in academic and public discourses of fame. The centre believes in intellectual, aesthetic, and ethical values of bridging gaps in higher education and media. With this view, CMCS helps coordinating research, publications, creative productions, and media commentaries to restore artistic and ethical acts for social change.