[ecrea] special issue Special Issue of Communications. European Journal of Communication.

Mon Oct 28 21:35:54 GMT 2013

We are launching a Call for Papers for a Special Issue of /Communications. European Journal of Communication/. We are inviting contributions focusing on children and adolescents and their online experiences, both risky and opportunity-enhancing, based on qualitative research designs (or mixed designs with a strong qualitative component).

In this special issue, we invite articles drawing from the recent EU Kids Online qualitative fieldwork, but we are particularly encouraging submissions from other research projects. The scope of the journal is European, but national studies linking to broader European trends are also welcome.

We invite original manuscripts up to 8,000 words. For details regarding submissions please visit: http://www.ejcr.eu/node/7

The envisioned time frame for submissions is as following:

15.11.2013 - deadline for call for abstracts (about 750 words)
20.11.2013 - decision on abstracts
31.1.2014 - full paper submission
Jan -- March 2014 - review process, feedback to authors

30.03.2013 - resubmission

Please send your abstract by no later than November 15th to Dr. Monica Barbovschi (guest editor Special Issue) ((moni.barbovski /at/ gmail.com)) and to Dr. David Smahel (guest editor Special Issue) ((davsmahel /at/ gmail.com)), both working at Masaryk University, Brno (CZ), Institute for Research of Children, Youth and Family <http://www.muni.cz/fss/235200> (Faculty of Social Studies <http://www.muni.cz/fss>).