[ecrea] Plugged-in World: Adolescents in a Digital Media Age conference

Sat Jun 15 13:42:49 GMT 2013

Plugged-in World: Adolescents in a Digital Media Age

A one day, interdisciplinary conference on Friday 4th October 2013 at the Northern School of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy (NSCAP), Leeds

Cost: £25

Adolescents seem to be plugged into digital media most of the time: at home, in front of the TV, on the bus, in college, in therapy sessions and even when asleep. Modes of accessing digital media are ubiquitous, fast and portable: Smartphones, tablets, laptops, games consoles, TVs, glasses, watches…..

How do we understand this plugged-in world? How is it used or encountered?

What effects do we fear? What effects do we see?

Speakers: Professor Feona Attwood, Media Department, Middlesex University, Jason B Kaushal, Adolescent Development Lead, NSCAP , Dr Thordis Sveinsdottir, Department of Sociological Studies, University of Sheffield, John Woods, Consultant Psychotherapist, Portman Clinic

This conference is part of a series of inter-disciplinary events to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Northern School of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy. Please visit the website page Plugged-in Conference for more information on the programme of the day. We would be grateful if you could display on staff notice boards or forward to interested colleagues.