[ecrea] Call for abstracts: "Memory on Trial" (Ørecomm Festival 2013)

Tue Jun 04 07:52:50 GMT 2013

Call for abstracts: "Memory on Trial: Media, Citizenship and Social Justice"

ØRECOMM – CENTRE FOR COMMUNICATION AND GLOCAL CHANGE – invites researchers, students and practitioners to the upcoming ØRECOMM FESTIVAL. We welcome proposals for papers, art works, and other interventions that scrutinize memory and explore its relationship with media, citizenship and social justice.

Festival dates: 13-16 September 2013

Venues: Roskilde (Danmark), Malmö (Sweden), Copenhagen (Denmark)

Deadline for submission of abstracts: 24 June 2013

You can find a larger concept note and detailed information here (pdf):
http://goo.gl/PCIyY

For up-to-date information about the festival, visit the festival website:
http://orecomm.net/festival-2013/

The preliminary programme will be continuously updated (pdf):

http://orecomm.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Festival_programme_2013.pdf

The ØRECOMM FESTIVAL is a collaboration between Malmö University and Roskilde University, with the aim of strengthening and exchanging knowledge in the in the field of Communication for Development. Please feel free to share this call for abstracts with colleagues, partners and friends.

We are looking forward to hearing from you! Contact our secretariat: (orecomm /at/ gmail.com)

Robin Cheesman

Roskilde University, Denmark

(robin /at/ ruc.dk)