[ecrea] Screenworks, Volume 4: Wyn Mason, Trails now published

Thu May 09 23:42:38 GMT 2013

We are delighted to publish the second screenwork of Screenworks, Vol 4, Wyn Mason's visually arresting reflection on urban and rural landscapes, intergenerational relationships and memory.

http://www.jmpscreenworks.com/?pid=vol4

The film combines moving images, stills and archive photographs, together with a sensory soundtrack featuring poetry by Paul Mason and music by Ben Challis and Rob Smith.

We are thrilled that the peer-review process fed into the development of the finished film, which we believe is a first for the peer-reviewed publication of screen media practice research.

We hope you enjoy.

Screenworks is published on a rolling basis.  In order to be more responsive and utlise the affordances of online publication we publish each screenwork as soon as the reviewing process is completed. More screenworks are in the process of peer review and will published shortly.

If you are interested in submitting work then please go to our Submissions page:http://www.jmpscreenworks.com/page/submissions  for more information.

Very best wishes,

Charlotte Crofts and Steve Presence

Dr Charlotte Crofts
Senior Lecturer in Film Studies and Video Production / Associate Learning and Teaching Fellow
Department of Arts, Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
University of the West of England, St Matthias Campus, Oldbury Court Road, Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 2JP
Tel: 0117 328 4324
Email:(charlotte.crofts /at/ uwe.ac.uk)
Skype: drcrofts
Twitter: @charlottecrofts
http://westengland.academia.edu/CharlotteCrofts

Screenworks Editor:http://www.jmpscreenworks.com/screenworks

Digital Cultures Research Centre:
http://www.dcrc.org.uk/people/charlotte-crofts

Curzon Memories App:
Official Website:http://www.eyefullproductions.co.uk/curzon/
Research blog:http://curzonproject.wordpress.com
Winner of the BUFCV Learning on Screen Award

Lost Cinemas of Castle Park App:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lost-cinemas-of-castle-park/id577826550?mt=8
http://www.cinemapping.co.uk/lostcinemas

City Strata Research Blog: