[ecrea] Call for proposals: The Lives and Deaths of the Yuppie

Mon Feb 18 16:48:11 GMT 2013

Call for proposals: The Lives and Deaths of the Yuppie

The Lives and Deaths of the Yuppie is the working title of a book project co-edited by Daniel Lindvall and Saër Maty Bâ. The aim of the book is to present a range of analyses of ‘the yuppie’ and ‘yuppiedom’ within late 20th and early 21st century film and television. We understand the yuppie to be a key character type of neoliberal history and culture. We particularly encourage essays written from a perspective of historical materialism and/or ideology critique and in a style accessible to the intelligent general reader. At this stage we already have a handful of writers committed to the project but are still looking for another 4-5 contributions. Whilst we are open to general suggestions, we are particularly interested in articles covering the following subjects:

The Romantic Comedy (rom-com)

Indie cinema

Zombies and Vampires

The Gangster/Crime/Mob film

US Hispanic/Latino American cinema

Abstracts of 300-500 words should be emailed to the editors no later than April 1, at (daniel.lindvall /at/ filmint.nu) <mailto:(daniel.lindvall /at/ filmint.nu)> with a copy to (drsaerba1 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(drsaerba1 /at/ gmail.com)> and accompanied by a 150-word biography.