[ecrea] ICSI conference - Call for papers: “ECREA section of Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction”

Wed Feb 13 17:02:14 GMT 2013

Call for papers: “ECREA section of Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction”

Date: 3rd and 4th of October 2013

Place: University of Lugano, Switzerland

Interpersonal communication and social interaction are central for our every day life. We communicate and interact to develop identities, establish and build relationships, coordinate efforts with others, have impact on issues that matters to us, and workout problems and possibilities. Interpersonal communication is central to our effectiveness; it is the lifeblood of meaningful relationships in personal, social, and professional contexts. Social interaction and the ability to communicate effectively are crucial for our quality of life with a strong impact also on health issues as self-management of chronic diseases.

Having this background in mind, the ECREA section of Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction focus on the study of human interaction and human communicative behavior, whether in private or public contexts, whether face-to-face or through various communication technologies. We invite and strongly encourage contributions from scholars who are interested on the following themes:

* interpersonal relationships
* relationship formation
* development and termination
* group and team communication
* conversational organisation
* verbal and nonverbal communication
* public speaking
* radio and television performance
* rhetoric
* argumentation
* persuasion and mutual influence
* communicative competence and interpersonal skill
* ethnography of speaking
* other related approaches to human social interaction.

This year, the section of Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction will be held in the University of Lugano, Switzerland on the 3rd and 4th of October 2013 with the collaboration of the Institute of Health Communication. Proposals for abstracts (300 words) or posters can be submitted online http://www.icsi.usi.ch/ until 30 April 2013.

We welcome paper proposals of all kinds of contexts (e.g., family, work, instructional, political, health), and all kinds of methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed). The conference aims at developing and fostering research and theory construction in the field in all European countries.

The YECREA Workshop, which is part of the conference, provides the opportunity for young scholars to present their research, share their experiences and be part of a network with other young scholars of the same field.

All abstracts will be double blind peer reviewed and decisions of acceptance will be notified by 31 May 2013

Zlatina Kostova

Institute of Communication and Health, ICH
Faculty of Communication Sciences
Università della Svizzera italiana, USI
Via G. Buffi 13
CH - 6904 Lugano