[ecrea] 3rd Crisis Communication Conference_Call for Papers

Tue Feb 05 20:22:13 GMT 2013

It is our pleasure to announce the 3rd International Conference on Crisis Communication in the 21st Century which is organized in cooperation with ECREA's TWG Crisis Communication.

The conference will be held on October 2-5 in the beautiful town of Erfurt (Germany). It is hosted by Ilmenau University of Technology and the International Research Group on Crisis Communication (IRGoCC).

Entitled "Crossing Boundaries in Crisis Communication", the conference will broaden the perspectives on crisis communication by discussing the theoretical, methodological, and practical implications of domestic and transnational crises. In addition, it aims at giving a comprehensive overview on how scholarship in crisis communication has developed in different disciplines and in different countries around the world.

We hope that many of you will submit abstracts (deadline April 15). Besides presentations and offsite activities, we will have a business meeting of our TWG in Erfurt, of course. Please find more details on the conference website: http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/crisis3/

We look forward to receiving your contributions and to meeting you in Erfurt!

ECREA Crisis Communication TWG management team,
Andreas Schwarz, Winni Johansen & Alessandra Mazzei