[ecrea] Doctoral student in Media and Communication Studies, Malmö University

Sun Feb 03 21:53:23 GMT 2013

Doctoral student in Media and Communication Studies, Malmö University
This PhD position is for a student to join the Living Archives project funded by the Swedish Research Council's programme "Digitalized Society". The 4 year collaborative, interdisciplinary project is based at Medea (http://medea.mah.se) and involves researchers from the faculties of Culture & Society, Technology & Society and Education & Society. It is structured through the parallel and complementary research strands of Open Data and Performing Memory. We will examine, analyse and create prototypes for how archives can become a social resource, be integral in creating social change, cultural awareness and collective collaboration. We aim to open the process of archiving to embrace contemporary practices around open data, performance, mobile media, and gaming. The PhD student will gain experience of working collaboratively with other researchers and establish contacts both nationally and internationally. We encourage interested applicants to consult the details of the Living Archives project found at http://medea.mah.se/2012/11/living-archives/. Further info at http://mah.se/english/For-Staff/Jobs/Doctoral-student-in-Media-and-Communication-Studies/.