Archive for May 2013

[ecrea] Storyville: exploring narratives of learning and teaching, HEA conference

Thu May 02 15:06:16 GMT 2013

BOOKING OPEN:
The Higher Education Academy’s second annual Arts&  Humanities conference

Storyville: exploring narratives of learning and teaching
The HEA’s second annual Arts&  Humanities conference
Thistle hotel, Brighton
29–30 May 2013

***Apologies for cross-posting***

Booking is now open for the second Higher Education Academy Arts and Humanities annual conference: Storyville: exploring narratives of learning and teaching.

At the heart of the Arts and Humanities disciplines sit stories – stories which create and recreate worlds, distant and present, stories which inspire and engage, stories which grow imaginations and expand what is thinkable.

The conference is inspired by our belief that stories are also at the heart of our own practice as educators. We hope to explore how narrative intersects with the practice and theory of higher education by telling the stories of how we teach, how our students learn, of our subjects, the stories which inform our teaching – through pedagogy and policy, and the stories we co-create with our students.
From 29-30 May over 125 papers, workshops, roundtables, screenings, guided walks, and posters will bring together those supporting learning and teaching in higher education in the UK and across the globe to share creative and innovative practice.

Keynote speakers:
Dr Vicky Gunn, Director of Learning and Teaching Centre, University of Glasgow
Professor Hamish Fyfe, Director of the George Ewart Evans Centre for Storytelling, University of Glamorgan
Nik Powell, Director, National Film and Television School, London

Conference fee
Staff from subscribing institutions;
Fee for 2 day conference, including lunch on both days and conference dinner (not including accommodation): £200
Staff from non-subscribing insitutions:
Fee for 2 day conference, including lunch on both days and conference dinner (not including accommodation): £300

For more information and booking please visit the conference website athttp://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2013/AH_Conf_13

Please share this message with colleagues who may be interested.