Archive for September 2012

[ecrea] "Crossroads in Cultural Studies" 2014

Sat Sep 08 05:34:44 GMT 2012

The Association for Cultural Studies is very pleased to announce the
location for the next "Crossroads in Cultural Studies" conference.

As many of you are already aware, the 2014 edition of the conference
will represent a major anniversary milestone: i.e., its 10th edition.
And so it is fitting that the conference will be held in the place where
it all began: Tampere, Finland.

Prof. Mikko Lehtonen (U. of Tampere), who helped found the ACS and
served as its Treasurer from 2004-2010, will serve as the Conference
Organizer.  The conference dates will be 1-4 July 2014.  A Call for
Papers will be forthcoming sometime in 2013.

The ACS remains firmly committed to moving the conference around the
globe, and work is already underway to place the 2016 edition of the
conference in a location where we have not convened before -- preferably
in the global South.

Please mark your calendars now.  I look forward to seeing all of you in
Finland in 2014!

Cheers,
Gil Rodman, Chair
Association for Cultural Studies